HEMSI (Huntsville Emergency Medical Services, Inc.) is Madison County’s 501(c)3/not-for-profit ambulance service provider offering world-class service and the highest standards of care.
Mission – To provide timely, high-quality emergency medical treatment, comfort, and transport to all patients.
Vision – HEMSI will be a nationally recognized model for high-performance emergency medical services.
- Serves more than 350,000 residents
- Covers over 1,000 square miles of Huntsville-Madison County, Alabama
- Provides premiere emergency medical transportation
- Offer many other community-enhancing servicesoScheduled specialized handicap services
- Scheduled specialized handicap services
- Lifeline home medical alert systems
- Additional home care services
- Support for non-profit community events at no cost
- On-site sporting events care
- Numerous philanthropic projects and events every year
None of HEMSI's funding comes from taxes or any other publically funded source.
- 90% of funds come from patient transport fees
- 10% from stand-bys, contracts, and miscellaneous sources